Kehinde Eseyin's Weblog

This is Kehinde Eseyin's SAP Business One Weblog

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Weblog is Born … Out of Lessons Learnt

Blogging in my opinion is a career on its own. It has become a field of choice for a number of individuals especially software consultants. Maintaining a weblog is no doubt a tasking pursuit. This is because; it takes you from your core job functions to a “non-profit world of information sharing and dissemination”.

The addition of Kehinde Eseyin’s SAP Business One weblog to the list of bloggers is no doubt the birth of an unparalleled SAP Business One knowledge base. The objective of the weblog is to increase the knowledge base of the SAP Business One Users Community (SBOUC) via publications, users’ interaction and online collaboration. I intend to achieve this objective by providing concise information on matters bothering on the total subject areas that makes a complete SAP Business One Consultant with particular reference to solution consultants.

My decision to open a weblog is out of necessity, my passion for information sharing and above all, lessons learnt. In my IT career, I have worked with, trained and bagged certifications in some leading software products including SAP, Oracle and Microsoft. However, I have come to the knowledge of one simple truth – “to stay ahead, you need to keep learning”. To excel in this competitive IT world, one needs to change with technology. Suffice to say that, continuous pursuit of knowledge via information sharing is key to success.

Moreover, I have a number of web and newspaper publications to my credit. Of a truth, writing is not an easy task. As a matter of fact, it is quite challenging. However, I have learnt that the reward outweighs the challenges that come with it. It is rewarding because it sharpens your expertise the more. I recall with ecstasy, the first time I published an article on Mark Rittman’s Weblog, I got more than enough feedbacks and those feedbacks actually got me on my toes. Coincidentally, I was faced with one of the technical problems I helped solved in the course of my duty the following week. Resolution was speedy, courtesy of a prior analysis, understanding and resolution of the same problem.

By and large, learning, using and writing about technologies, especially SAP Business One is fun to me. However, it is more fun to me when I can share my knowledge and expertise proactively. Suffice to say that, tailoring users to the “how to do things” than reactively when I have to proffer solutions makes me fulfilled.

Kehinde Eseyin’s SAP Business One Weblog promises to be a weblog that will meet the needs of the SAP Business One Users Community. Your comments and feedbacks will be highly appreciated.

Enjoy!

Kehinde Eseyin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home