Kehinde Eseyin's Weblog

This is Kehinde Eseyin's SAP Business One Weblog

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tribute To My Dad: Your Candle's Burned Out Long Before…

It is my wish to dedicate my posting today to one person that was instrumental to my success in life. Today (May 31st) makes it 7 years since I lost my beloved Daddy – Bode.

I was greatly shocked; when on June 2nd or 3rd, my Uncle (Paul Omokore) told me about the demise of my father. Ever since, a vacuum has been created in my life. However, God has remained faithful. No wonder why my twin sister, Taiye, sent a text message to my phone in the dead of the night and it read thus: “Oh! Are we not blessed? Are we not favoured? Are we not great? God has been our shield and buckler, all praises and honour be to him. It’s 7 golden years that Dad went from us but God didn’t leave us”

After reading the message, I sent this sms to all the members of my immediate family:
“I can’t believe it! It’s 7 years now that we lost our beloved BODE. God has been faithful. This is to thank you for your support ever since.”

BODE was a man of great courage and influence, a loving and caring father indeed.

Elton John, permit me to conclude with an excerpt of the lyrics of your tribute song to Lady Diana who died on the 31st day of the month - August, almost 9 years ago. And it seems to me you lived your life like a candle in the wind... your candle's burned out long before your legend ever will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home