Kehinde Eseyin's Weblog

This is Kehinde Eseyin's SAP Business One Weblog

Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Chat with the CEO: Yves Néron of IDIT Corp, Canada.

Yves Néron is the President of IDIT Corp. IDIT Corp is a SAP Business One reseller based in Canada. Join me as we explore the world of the gentle man that paddles the affairs of this dynamic company. Enjoy!

yves2
Yves Néron

1.Tell us about yourself

I have started in IT 24 years ago. At that time pc were not in offices yet.I was learning IT the rough way, punch cards, Cobol, mainframe, timesharingto compile programs, green screens.I got out of school with a college diploma and almost no chance to find ajob. In 1982, interest rate went up to the roof at 20% per year. There wasno employment anywhere. It took me almost a year to find a job ofprogramming on CP-M and Basic at minimum wage.I worked later in large corporation, then in IT consulting, up to the time Irealized, my IT skills were good but not my business knowledge.I did a Business Admin bacc. To complete my business knowledge. I believe Iam a proper mix of IT and business. The time is over for techies in ITmanagement. Companies need guys that can align the IT with the businessneeds, not the opposite.We know see real business managers driving IT dept and giving back theproper tools to companies that demands more and more information.

2.Tell us about your company

All through the years, I always had been an entrepreneur. When young I hadmy business of painting and renovating. Later I started a small business ofprogramming. Not making enough money, I decided to try working for somebodyelse as a programmer. I did great at it, I am a team player and I align mypersonal objectives with the business goals, so working under someone elseis not a big issue.I ended up as an IT director at IDfoods around 1995. This company wasflying, sales were up every year. People were opening their taste toanything good coming from all over the world, and IDFoods was delivering itto them.Surprisingly, many business partners of IDFoods (vendors, customers) werenot really IT equipped to play in this industry.We started offering our IT knowledge and services. Again, the soul ofentrepreneurship was taking over. Not to mention the king of entrepreneur,the IDFoods owner itself !Slowly but surely our small IT shop was acquiring customers in manydifferent industry, even outside the food industry.In 2001, we registered ID-IT and acquired a division of another company thatwas distributing the ERP used by IDfoods and some other local customers.We supplied services and software in the Unix world for few years. Recently,we wanted to move on something new and exciting, we knew our Unix stuff verywell, but market demand was on Windows products.This is how we got into the SAP Business One adventure.

3.How would you compare SAP Business One with other ERP products for smallandmid size companies?

One of the main advantage from my point of view for SAP is, its ease ofinstallation and configuration. It is very fast to install and make it workfor a customer, installation is much more efficient than any other software.Users defines tables and fields, SQL query in fields, all this to ease thecustomization without the need of a programmer.If you do need a programmer, all work done through the SDK will becompatible with later releases. It was impossible with previous ERP on themarket.The integration with Microsoft desktop tools is impressive and veryefficient.

4.If you were to add or change an SAP Business One functionality, what wouldit be?

I hope, SAP will add to its core program, all major and popular add-ons.This way, integrity and support will be better.We need a standard WMS, we need integrated EDI, we need B2B in the package,exactly like they did for the excellent XL reporter tool.I am not saying that add-ons are not good, They are very good, my concern ishaving more than one point of support and development.

5.What do you enjoy doing that doesn't involve work?

I enjoy extreme sports. I really need to vacuum my brain once in while.Heavy windsurfing sessions does it very well. I am a fan of everything thatis wind powered, kitesurfing, icesurfing, etc. Winter is also great to dosnowboarding.

To learn more about IDIT Corp
Web site: http://www.iditcorp.com
Email : informations@iditcorp.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home